Saturday, February 19, 2011

This is a life-defining moment--Duggu | Total Filmy

This is a life-defining moment--Duggu | Total Filmy


It was quite an emotional and ecstatic day for the Roshans yesterday when Hrithik unveiled his wax statue at the Madame Tussauds in London.

Presently, Hrithik is the fifth Bollywood star to have a statue in the museum, after Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, and Salman Khan.



Interestingly, the elated thespian was finding it hard to digest the fact, and dedicated this honor to his family.

Hrithik was accompanied by his wife Sussanne Roshan, his two sons, Hrehaan Roshan (5) and Hridhaan Roshan (3), his mother Pinky Roshan, father Rakesh Roshan, and his grandfather J Om Prakash.

After unveiling the wax statue, Duggu said, “It feels surreal to be standing in front of a life-like image of your own self. Now I know what it means, when it is said that this is for posterity.

“This is a life-defining moment, the family is here with me, everyone, grandfather, grandma, my parents, my children, my sister and my wife."

Hrithik's wax statue took four months
It took nearly four months to build up Hrithik's wax statue worth £150,000. Many British sculptors were roped in to shape up the statue.

His face and body measurements were taken to have the exact replica of the star. Even his eye color was matched.

Posed in a 'Dhoom 2' look, Duggu's effigy attires a short sleeve less shirt open, showcasing his well-toned physique, and blue jeans.

Duggu experience at Madam Tussauds 25 years ago
Surprisingly, Hrithik Roshan had initially visited Madame Tussauds 25 years ago, as a child.

Commenting about his experience, Duggu said, “I was nine years old, holidaying in London with my family when my grandfather and I went to Madame Tussauds. We had to stand in line for 45 minutes and while I was jumping up and down with impatience and excitement, my grandfather waited patiently.

"I even told him that we should go and come back the next day but my grandfather waited till we could enter Madame Tussauds. Today I feel he's like that excited child I was.”

Hrithik's Bollywood career
Hrithik's Bollywood career has not been so famous in the recent past as he's still awaiting for a blockbuster. But his acting prowess has, indeed, been appreciated by his fans.

Some of Hrithik's famous hits are 'Kaho Naa... Pyar Hai', 'Fiza', 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham', 'Koi... Mil Gaya', 'Lakshya', 'Krrish', 'Dhoom 2', 'Jodhaa Akbar', and 'Guzaarish'.

Presently, the actor is working on two projects, 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara', and 'Agneepath'.

Congratulations Hrithik!

No comments:

Post a Comment