Sunday, December 12, 2010

I crave for a big hit as I work very hard--Akshay Kumar | Total Filmy

I crave for a big hit as I work very hard--Akshay Kumar | Total Filmy

Despite two flops, 'Khatta Meetha' and 'Action Replayy', at the box-office, Akshay Kumar is still in high spirits for promoting his forthcoming flick, 'Tees Maar Khan', (TMK) releasing on Dec. 24.



Indeed, the actor's career graph is facing many highs-and-lows as out of four, two of his films were box-office duds. 'Housefull' scored him well and TMK has yet not released.
Akshay is well-known for his versatility and hardwork, and it is quite evident in the roles that he performs.
But considering the current situation, the actor needs a big hit. In an interview with IANS, Akki said, “If you follow my career graph, there have been a lot of ups and downs. It doesn't matter.
“I am not desperate, but, yes, I crave for a big hit all the time because I work very hard. I release around four films a year. I work very hard in each and every film.”

No takers for serious movies, says Akshay
Akshay Kumar has been tagged as the Bollywood Khiladi, especially after his action genre Khiladi series like 'Khiladi' (1992), 'Mohra' (1994), 'Sabse Bada Khiladi' (1995) and 'Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi' (1996).
But for last few years, the 43-year-old actor has been trying his hand at comedy with films like 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' (2004), 'Garam Masala' (2005), 'Hera Pheri' (2000), 'Phir Hera Pheri' (2006), 'Heyy Babyy' (2007), 'Bhool Bhulaiyaa' (2007), 'Welcome' (2007), 'Singh is Kinng' (2008), and 'Housefull' (2010).



Believe it or not, Akki received many applauds for his performance in these roles.
Commenting on the recent trend, the actor said, “If you ask me whether I would like to do a serious film, yes, I would love to do serious roles, serious characters. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. No one comes to see serious films. All look for fun films.
“I have tried doing something or the other and I will keep doing it if I get a good script.
“There are certain types of people who don't want straight or hard-hitting films. You have to understand your audience and keep on doing something - this is what my experience tells me. I haven't done any romantic film either.”
“Also, I have to understand the business...I can't do a film to satisfy myself; I have to satisfy others because I am an entertainer,” Akki further added.
But for all those who still want to see Akshay in a new avatar, there is a good news. The actor will be shooting for an action film with Prabhu Deva, next year.

Akki has high expectations from TMK
The thespian is expecting his forthcoming film 'Tees Maar Khan' to do well. The official trailer has received quite positive reviews, with more than 6,50,000 views on YouTube.
Besides, Katrina's raunchy item number 'Sheila Ki Jawani' is making everyone go gaga.
In Farah Khan's 'Tees Maar Khan', Akshay will be seen portraying the role of a conman, and seen fooling people around him.
Commenting about his role in TMK, Akki said, “This is a fun character, full of enjoyment. He (the character) is a conman and so there is a lot of mischief.
“The character is actually very shrewd. He always tries fooling people because he wants to make it big. He never does anything himself; he makes people do things for him. I haven't done such a fun and frolic role for a long time.”
Besides 'Sheila Ki Jawani', the TMK team has rolled out another song, 'Wallah Wallah', featuring Salman Khan as cameo along with Kat and Akki.
About 'Wallah Wallah' director Farah Khan tweeted on the micro-blogging site, Twitter, “Ok all!wallah wallah starts 2day!on news channels 1st!sndng u my fav pic frm the song.lov ul.”
Hope 'Tees Maar Khan' gets thumbs up. Wish you good luck Akki.

No comments:

Post a Comment